Welcome to my blog

Hey there, I am 20 years old and I currently play the micro limits on Pokerstars.
I give myself the chance on becoming a professional pokerplayer until September 2013 and will put most of my time into studying and playing the game to achieve this goal.
I am going to update this blog regulary to keep track of my progress and write about concepts I found important for my development as a player and as a person.

Follow me on my pursuit to become independent as a Poker Pro!

11/30/2012

My new goal, A-game and coaching!

I am so happy that I managed to get my goal in the requested time and I even have one month left in my timeframe. Since I had no ongoing goal until the end of this year, I made a new one which is expressed kind of vague.

New goal:
Be able to play my A-game on 4 tables over 2 hours until the end of the year.

I thought a little about the definition of "A-game" but couldnt come up with a better phrase. My main focus will be on notetaking as this is the bread-and-butter skill that I need to master because without it, I just spew money with a weak range all over the place. Yesterday I played 30 minutes after I went home from a friend of mine and only slept 6 hours that night.
I could feel my dizzyness while playing and after 15 minutes, I had not written a single note. Upon realising this, I instantly quit my session. This will be my main information point that I can analyse while playing, if I am on my A-B or C-game, as I can check how many notes I took and how usefull those are in correlation to the time spent on the tables.


I made my volume challenge about 4 days ago so I can also cross that goal of 100 hours in November.
My mate and I will make volume challenges in smaller timeframes from now on, as the motivation boost from it drops vastly when the deadline is 30 days away. He didnt quiet made it so that means some extra cash for me ;)

I now have two students that I coach starting from nl10 and nl25 and it is a lot of fun. There are so many concepts I can talk over with them so it never gets boring and we always find something to improve their game. Talking about a lot of concepts also refreshes them in my mind and makes me more concious while playing afterwards.

Good luck on the tables and stay focussed! :)

2 comments:

  1. Yo rytu, nice blog I pretty much have the same goals as yo( becoming pro poker player) I like your progressing. How did you improve your game. LIke which books do you read, videos, coaching?

    Have a look at my blog, goodluck at the tables

    http://waldothegrinder.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jan,
    Nice Blog of yours. :)
    Books didnt really help me on improving. They are mostly about the very bare fundamentals which I am past to some degree now. The most usefull information that I added to my game was from a lot of Videos and talking with other good players.

    gl on the tables ;)

    ReplyDelete