Welcome to my blog

Hey there, I am 20 years old and I currently play the micro limits on Pokerstars.
I give myself the chance on becoming a professional pokerplayer until September 2013 and will put most of my time into studying and playing the game to achieve this goal.
I am going to update this blog regulary to keep track of my progress and write about concepts I found important for my development as a player and as a person.

Follow me on my pursuit to become independent as a Poker Pro!

11/26/2012

50nl, big pot and villains!

At first I was scared. I expected the average 50nl regular to be very smart. I thought there would also be a lot of 100nl regulars that had to drop a limit to rebuild their bankroll. Well I cant know if there were any but it didnt feel like it. The limit has just been as weak as 25nl from the very limited experience I have of the playerpool yet. But from what I have seen, it is not so much about sample, but more about how they adjust. Which was not noticeable. For example there was a deepstacked (260bb) fish to my right and I was just isolating him with about 60% of hands. Was there anyone adjusting? For sure not.


Anyway I am doing great at 50nl at the moment , which also comes from running good obviously. But still I havent seen any regulars that were getting out of line to exploit somebody like I do it.


Here is my biggest pot so far from 50nl ;) He was a pretty big fish but I had betsizeing tells on him. Against a regular passive fish I might find a fold but not against this villain because of my notes.

Notes:
- donk/calls halfpot with draws/3rdpairs
- Bet close to pot with TPGK, overpots a little with better kicker and underpot with weak kicker
- snap shoves with 2pair/sets+

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em $0.25/$0.50 ante $0.10 - 5 players

CO: $177.28
Button: $139.31 (Hero)
SB: $125.89
BB: $50.00
UTG: $100.12

Preflop: ($1.25) Hero is Button with (5 players)
2 folds, Hero raises to $1.75, SB raises to $3.50, BB folds, Hero raises to $12, SB calls $8.50

Flop: ($25.00) (2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $17.50, SB calls $17.50

Turn: ($60.00) (2 players)
SB bets $59, Hero raises to $109.71 and is all-in, SB calls $37.29 and is all-in

River: ($252.58) (2 players)

Hero showed , and won ($250.08) with a pair of Aces
SB showed , and lost with a pair of Queens
Hero won $250.08
(Rake: $2.50)
Pretty happy to get it in OTT as he can only have KQ/AQ there, based on my reads.

No comments:

Post a Comment